Participants: Jean Abraham, Jeff Harris, Enid Chung Roemer
Absent: Lisa Brosseau, Joanne Pike
- Welcome– Jean welcomed everyone and reviewed the agenda items for the group.
- CDC ScoreCard Project –
- Jean distributed a 1 page description of the project and thanked everyone for their feedback. Jean summarized the feedback. She also noted that the CDC has invested in this scorecard and would probably like to disseminate it. The challenges to small businesses seem to be common to the group. Jeff noted the importance of checking in the CDC (the stakeholder) to see what they would like to see happen with the instrument. Jeff suggested a next draft and that we ought to schedule some time to talk to Jason. Jean suggested that we invite Jason to join the next Tools and Resources Working Group call. Enid noted that she has spoken to Jason informally about this project. Jean asked whether the ScoreCard is a data collection tool or do employers get feedback or technical assistance. Enid noted that Jason is open to ideas, and that he would be a good resource for the group.
- Jean suggested that the group limit itself to one cross network project per year, and that she is prioritizing the broker project in Year 2 and the CDC Scorecard project in Year 3. She also suggested that the CDC might fund the scorecard project. Jeff also suggested proposing this to the RWJ Culture of Health call for funding.
- Next steps: Jean will incorporate the feedback and send it to Jason. Enid suggested that in lieu of a study design that Jean add study questions. Jean will also send the evaluation of the Scorecard. Jeff suggested that we focus on what he would like to fund in a SIP or what would you suggest that we ask RWJ for funding.
- Broker project update –
- Jean distributed a 1 page description of the project and thanked everyone for their feedback. Jeff asked for a quick review of the project. Jean outlined the project study questions: What is the role of brokers and agents in supporting implementation of workplace wellness programs among small and medium-size employers? Is demand for their services increasing or decreasing? Do they see their role shifting and/or a change in the scope of services they provide to employers in the post-ACA era? Thinking about 25-50 interviews, via phone/Skype/in-person. The interviews will be recorded, transcribed, and analyzed for key themes. Jean noted that MN, UW, and UIC. Enid noted she will follow up with Ron, and Meg noted that she will follow up with Laura about this project and report back.
- Jeff thanked Jean for her leadership on these 2 projects. Lisa and Jean are going to get together. Jeff noted National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and asked whether Jean has reached out to them.
- Future Calls – The group suggested Tuesday or Wednesday, July 14 or 15 as possible days for next calls. Meg will reach out to other members of the group who and Jason to check their availability.
- Action Items:
- Jean will incorporate the group’s feedback into the CDC Scorecard project description and send the description and Excel spreadsheet evaluation to Jason.
- Enid will follow up with Ron about JHU’s participation in the broker project.
- Meg will follow up with Laura about UNC’s participation in the broker project.
- Meg will follow up with the other members of the group and Jason about a call on Tuesday or Wednesday, July 14 or 15.